It means to be very sly; to conduct your agenda with the help of stealth. Check SentenceHouse for more
- Just all of a sudden, Jon ended up giving me a furtive glance which indicated that there was something wrong going on.
- If you are going to be walking in a furtive manner, make sure that there is no want to see you doing it.
- A lot of students tried to include furtive tactics with which they will be able to avoid getting caught cheating in the examination. However, more often than not, they are caught.
- It is through his furtive tears that you could see that he was really in pain, and this was not something that was make believe.
- If a thief is furtive, it would be a long time before you can actually discover that you have been the victim of the crime of theft.
- Furtive messages are always being sent by colleagues once the find that their boss is not around.
Around the holidays, I find peace in the late evenings when the silence sets in. Last night, I curled up on the sofa with nothing but the soft glow of white Christmas tree lights on which to focus my attention. My husband had gone to bed early, and my little girl had already been fast asleep for hours. I turned off the glaring television, silenced the cell phone, and made a hot cup of chamomile tea. It was just me, a cozy blanket, beautiful lights, and the silence of the night.
Peace and quiet. They make you think. They have a way of bringing thankfulness to your heart if you let them: thankfulness for a warm and cozy bed, scrumptious Christmas cookies, cherished memories of the past and memories yet to be made. Beauty and silence solicit feelings of gratefulness: gratefulness for family and friends; gratefulness for health; gratefulness for unconditional love.
Last night, I was in my own, happy, thankful, world- just me and my Christmas tree. And the experience was calming, refreshing, and, in its own way, luxurious.